Baby Update: 30 weeks.

Monday, October 28, 2013



At lot has happened since I did a baby update 4 weeks ago! I swear every morning I wake up a bigger and sleepier woman, I'm at the point where I don't know how I can get any bigger (not to mention sleepier). But somehow I feel that with still two months left, it will find a way.

But let me first say, helllloooo third trimester! I'm now 2 weeks into this glorious last trimester and let me just state as soon as I hit 28 weeks to the day I felt all the excitement, anxiety, and the not so glorious symptoms (much like my old friend the 1st trimester brought me) greet me loud and proud. Which means my 5 week break from morning sickness is over and back to the Zofran (my saving grace) it is, the mood swings are back in full force (sorry Tanner), and then add lack of sleep and constant fatigue onto the list and you've got my life right now in a nutshell.

Okay, okay, there are some awesome things about pregnancy too (I promise). Like having to fast all morning, chug a flat orange soda drink, and then get sticked with needles. Sounds awesome right? Yeah not so much, but I did pass the infamous glucose test which means no gestational diabetes for me. Thank to the goodness.

Okay, a truly awesome thing about being pregnant and huge right now means that my baby boy is growing and making sure we know it with every kick, nudge, and lots of "hey-mom-let-me-karate-chop-you-in-the-ribs-so-you-know-how-strong-I-am" and even more of oh-hey-there-is-a-limb-sticking-out-of-my-stomach-no-big-deal. Both of those awesome moments have happened a ton in the past week and a half and as creepy, uncomfortable, and painful those moments might be, I can't tell you how grateful I am for them. It means my little man is growing bigger and stronger everyday and that he is healthy! There is nothing more beautiful or happier than that. So I'm really trying to cherish these moments, and especially trying to when they happen in the middle of the night.


More exciting news--two weeks ago, Tanner and I started our 4 week prenatal class. Every Monday we head to Utah Valley Regional Hospital for two and a half hours to learn about everything you could know about babies, labor, and everything in between. Those who know me best, know that when it comes to anything having to do with needles, pain, blood, and hospitals I am a total wimp. I know it and I own up to it. But usually that has meant that I hide from it as much as possible. Well, as you well know or can imagine, when it comes to childbirth there is no possible way to hide from any of it. So all those years of avoiding "The Miracle of Life" birthing video in High School and College came to an end last Monday when in our prenatal class I had to face it. Front and center. Let's just say it's been a piece of cake since then. I have to admit it was really helpful to see what to expect with the hospital setting and the process, and I'm slowly but surely gaining more confidence in what my body can do. It truly is amazing. Hey I still have 10 weeks to go, I'll get there.

Last but not least, for your viewing pleasure, some of my latest "bump" pictures. Um how is my body supposed to get any bigger? Really though.

 27 Weeks

29 weeks

And now, I'm in the 30's. We are in the final stretch! Now it's time for that "nesting" hormone to kick in already. So much to do!

But first, I think it's time for a nap. 

No comments

Post a Comment

{don't be shy-- comment away}

Blogging tips