baby update: 36 weeks & baby showers.

Saturday, December 14, 2013




Technically I'm almost 37 weeks but I had to stop time for a minute and write down everything that has been happening since I wrote the last baby update 6 weeks ago. It's been a full 6 weeks, with this baby boy of ours growing to what I feel like is his max (I mean how can I get any bigger than I am it that picture above...seriously. and yes, I know I say that every time, but this time I sincerely mean it). 

My favorite thing lately is feeling him get the hiccups almost everyday. It's a big moment in our house, when it happens (usually in the evenings) I yell for Tanner and he puts his hand on my stomach and we both feel those adorable hiccups together. There is nothing cuter, and I can't wait to meet that hiccuping baby soon!

Speaking of, at this point it could be anytime now. Our last few doctor appointments have made us feel like we need to be ready now for this little guy to come at any time. My belly has been measuring ahead of schedule for the past many appointments and this week my doctor said I'm dilated to a 2. Already! More than that, my prayers have been answered and our little man has started to drop and is head down. Hallelujah! Other things have started to happen (I'll spare you the details) which has confirmed that my body is getting ready to push this baby out! We just can't wait for our little boy to get here, even though we have decided he has to wait at least a week and a half until our carseat gets here. Kinda important I know. So hold off little buddy till then. 

The past few weeks have certainly been the funnest of my whole pregnancy by far. Baby boy and I have been spoiled rotten by our family and friends on both sides! 

 ^^we had our first baby shower a couple days before Thanksgiving thrown by these two lovely women above. My Momma Rhodes and cousin Katie! I loved celebrating this special time with the Rhodes and Wirig sides of the family as we played some hil-airious minute-to-win it games (all pregnancy and baby related of course) and ate the most delicious apple crisp. It was oh so fun. 

^^my way too cool little sister in law Amanda and me after the baby shower. I find it so special that this little boy of ours will be making all of our siblings first time aunts and uncles!

 ^^to top it all off, last weekend we had our second baby shower with my side of the family and all of our friends. It was perfect. I mean look at those invitations. Swoon.

^^and these cupcakes made by my sister (how cute are those homemade milk chocolate duckies!), along with a gourmet hot chocolate bar, and lots of yummy food, made it a day to remember. My Mom and sister did an amazing job putting this all together. And there was nothing better than sharing it with all my dearest friends and family who spoiled me and baby boy far beyond my expectations. I can't wait to share all the adorable outfits and not to mention my dream stroller that I was way too excited about with you all. 

 ^^my beautiful mama, who is soon to be a grandma

 ^^the baby shower aftermath, with my two favorite ladies that made this all happen. I love you both way too much.

There were so many more people who made these baby showers so perfect, and I must find all the photos that were took that day and post them, because boy do I fell blessed to have the friends and family that I have. Not to mention, my best buddy that will make his appearance soon! Now, I'm just trying to soak up and enjoy the last few weeks of being pregnant as I fight through a nasty cold to get everything done before he arrives. WHY IS THERE NOT MORE TIME IN THE DAY! (And why must pregnant women get sick, it should be against the law of nature. C'mon). At least I have the best husband who will spend our friday date night putting together all of our baby items including the swing, crib, and bassinet. And more than that, be just as excited as I am as we do it. 

Baby boy, if you can't tell already, we can't wait to meet you!



2 comments

  1. I hope the car seat arrives before he does! Pretty sure our little one waited for that too. We installed the car seat on a Tuesday, went into labor on Wednesday, and had a baby on Thursday! It's so nice when they wait for the safety gear to be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.
    36 haftalık bebek kilosu

    ReplyDelete

{don't be shy-- comment away}

Blogging tips