letters to henry: 4 months old.

Monday, September 29, 2014



5.1.2014









my little henry, 

Your Mom is a slacker/been way too busy/having way too much fun with you/ok a slacker. Here I am 4 months late, writing your 4 months old letter. And that's how it's going to be while I try to catch up with the last 4 months of your life. But better late than never, right? 

4 months was such a fun stage with you. You were just starting to smile all the time. The real kind of smiles, along with the gassy ones. You were also still so tiny. Which is something I miss now that you are growing so fast and out of that newborn baby phase. You were starting to show that irresistible, adorable, and funny little personality you now have full force. You even started giving me kisses which was and is my favorite (never forget that). I feel like this was the time we were really starting to know each other. You loved observing me and watching me everywhere I went, and we started to have some pretty great conversations-- you were a fantastic listener. And I was finally beginning to understand you and what you love and what you don't, and everything in between. You loved watching West Wing with me when mama needed a little break. After that, I was pretty convinced you'd be president one day. Still am.

4 months was a really great month for you and for us. Daddy was graduated and was able to spend lots and lots of time with you. Which we both loved. And we lived with your Grandma and Grandpa which you loved most of all. There is nothing you love more than getting attention from your family. We went to California to visit your Grandma and Grandpa Rhodes where again, you got lots of attention from your aunts and uncle and even your little Hunter cousins, who absolutely adored you. You went to Disneyland for the first time. You went swimming for the first time. You finally found your toes. And you rolled over for the very first time!


So yes, 4 months was a really good month but guess what, it keeps getting better and better.

Love always,
your mama





*other letters to henry found here

No comments

Post a Comment

{don't be shy-- comment away}

Blogging tips